A house divided against itself cannot stand.Abraham Lincoln, June 16, 1858
The Holy House of Loreto
The Holy House of Loreto, the house in which Mary was born, where the Annunciation occurred, where an ancient statue of Our Lady which is found. A band of angels scooped up the little house from the Holy Land, and transported it first to Tersato, Dalmatia in 1291, then Recanati, Italy in 1294, and finally to Loreto, Italy where it has been for centuries.
Our Lady built a home for her son, the Son of God. St. Joseph built a home for the son entrusted to him.
In that same spirit, we began The Loreto Market, an outdoor market dedicated to featuring Catholic artists, makers and entrepreneurs seeking to build their house, within their community, and the kingdom of God.
Our vendors come from all ranks, from children getting their first taste of business, to professionals with decades of experience.
Past Vendors included:
- Icons by Sue Forrest Artwork
- Books, Holy Cards and Fresh Flowers and Holy Cards by Ora et Flora
- Wind Chimes and Music Lesson Packages by Casey Music Service
- Saint Peg Dolls by Whymsical Lotus
- Candles by Healthy Mind Healthy Soul
- Sheep yarn, soap and even a picture book by M & J Farms
- May Crowning iced cookies in Spring and St. Nicholas Cookies in Winter by Cakes by Patricia
- Fine art by SQHQ Art
- Personal care products by Shop By Daisy
- Antique and Vintage Religious Goods by Domestic Joy
- Handmade rosaries by Catholic Kids
- Home decor items and artificial flower arrangements by Creations By Dre
- Jewelry by Simple Beadings
- Religious Goods by Kenosis Clay
- Workshops for women by The Woman School
- Fresh produce by Ramos Fruit
- Jewelry, clothing and home decor from Trades of Hope with Elvina Rodriguez.
- Photography packages by J Michael Photography209 with Michael Rodriguez offering simple, elegant portraits.
- Educational child-led toys by Discovery Toys with Barbara Taylor
- Comfortable and reversible knitted-hats made by Omalovescrafts with Theresa Gomes.
- Home Decor by Design For Art’s Sake with Deanna Barnes.
Stay tuned to see what’s coming next!
The Loreto Market is hosted by the Hildegard Arts Cooperative, which seeks to bring educational and communal opportunities to local students and their families with music, visual arts and literature utilizing traditional, skill-based techniques and Catholic cultural traditions.
To be added to our event list or to learn more about being a vendor at The Loreto Market, please email email@example.com